5 Things About Me
Today, I’m sharing a few fun things about myself that you might not know yet. Writing this post had me looking up the history of the Barbie & Ken doll, revealing how much of a geek I am, and even reflecting on one of the wildest weeks of my life in Mexico!
- I studied mathematics in school. I am one of the few people in this world that think calculus is FUN. I really love solving problems and I originally thought I might be a high school math teacher. Though I’m definitely glad I pursued one of my deepest dreams to be a traveling photographer!
- My parents’ names are literally Barbie & Ken. We are the real life version but where Barbie and Ken actually get married and have 2 kids. Barbie and Ken, the dolls, were even introduced at about the same time as my parents birth (Ken being 2 years younger than Barbie.) How wild is that? I have yet to meet anyone else who can say they have this weird thing in common with me!
- In high school I was voted “most shy” and I really don’t think any of those people ever heard me speak, so it was warranted. When I tell my friends and clients this little tidbit, they never believe it. Photography really brought me out of my shell (apparently that means laughing really loudly and the occasional skinny dip!) It’s such a dramatic change from who I was. My past self would be shocked to meet me now! Of course, I’m still occasionally shy, and I do use my well-developed skills of being super silent and unobtrusive to my advantage during a wedding day. It’s really weird, but people describe me as “sneaky” all the time at weddings because they didn’t know I was there. I think I should take that as a compliment?
- I dance at weddings. Although I’m grooving throughout the whole day to keep spirits high and make sure everyone is having fun, I really get down on the dance floor if I’m invited after I’ve finished my work. I can keep up with the best of them (unless you are Beyonce) and have had some of the best times of my life getting loose with my brides! I usually get fun texts in the morning about the great time we all had together! There was even this time when the whole wedding party at a destination wedding in Mexico gave my dance moves a hashtag. We spent the rest of the week shaking it until the sun came up over the ocean!
- I am a serious animal lover. I’m absolutely dying to become a foster mom to some cats and dogs in need! I even have pet names for my pet types. Every dog I encounter is called “puppers” and all cats(no matter the age) are “kitties.” The only reason why I don’t have eleven pets is because I’m a little bit of a nomad and don’t have a stable home for them yet. This must be why I love it when dogs get to attend weddings — I get to pet them!
(I love them even if they don’t love me back)
I hope this post was fun and helped you get to know me a little more! For those who know me, feel free to share a fun time we had together in the comments!